Thursday, August 28, 2014

Watercolored Flowers



I am joining in on the STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge



I started by stamping the Eclectic Florals flowers and jar with Antique Linen Distress Ink on watercolor paper.  Then painted over the images with distress inks.  I like the way the flower on the left turned out much better than the one on the right.  I obviously need a lot more practice!  Used a stencil on the larger panel and misted with Heidi Swapp mist in coral.  Added the sentiment from Holiday Artsy.  Rounded the upper right corner due to a little bend in the cardstock.  All stamps by STAMPlorations.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Shery Russ said...

And with practice, you'll only keep getting better and better, Sue! That said, I love the soft colors you picked for the flowers -- and I do love the look you created!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Watercolor can be tricky, but well done. I really like where you put your sentiment! Great to see you playing again with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT