Thursday, February 5, 2015

You're Still Hot!

As soon as I saw the theme for CASology this week, I knew exactly what stamp I wanted to use!


And the theme at Simon Says Stamp is Bright and Beautiful

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog



Well, the colors are certainly bright and I think fire is beautiful!
I inked up the flame image several times with yellow, orange and red inks, thanks to my MISTI this was much easier to do, even though it took me several times to get something I was halfway happy with.  The flame was then covered with some clear Wink of Stella and the sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx.  Added a couple strips of washi tape and adhered to some Gina K Tomato Soup cardstock and done!  The inside says "but now it only comes in flashes".

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to go Girl! Burning bright! ;)

Joyce said...

Fantastic flame stamp. Love how you have all those warm colors blending through your stamp. And, as a hot flash sufferer myself, I definitely appreciate the inside sentiment. I can think of a dozen people I could send a card like this to. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Ardyth said...

I love the blended look of the flame! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Pop's Cards said...

I love this the blending on the flame is amazing, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time hugs Pops x

Judy1223 said...

Ha...great inside sentiment! :) I do love a funny card! And your inked flames are perfection...great blending of colors and addition of sparkle! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Bobby said...

Great card. Love the sentiment (s).

Meg said...

This is so cute! I love it.

Tracey McNeely said...

Hot card Sue! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

jenn shurkus said...

such a great card! love the white space and bright colors :) Thanks so much for joining us along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge