Saturday, July 23, 2016

Just Us Girls #353 - Photo Week

It's time for our Photo Week Challenge at Just Us Girls and it's my turn to hostess!  This time of year I have golf on my mind, so I searched for a golf photo and this is what I came up with.  You can interpret this any way you want to, even if you don't go with a golf theme.  Let us know what inspires you in this photo.


Now, head on over to the JUGS blog to see how our Guest Designer, Carol Mayne and the rest of the JUGS girls were inspired by this photo.


I was inspired, obviously by the knickers!  I've had this set, Golf Time by Crafty Secrets for quite some time.  I was going to make the striped background horizontal, but totally messed up and cut it with the stripes vertical!  The image is colored with Prismacolor markers.  Sentiment stamped and heat embossed, then stamped the subtle polka dots on the happy banner.  Attached the birthday with copper brads.  The base and matting looks black in the photo, but it is Charcoal Brown from Gina K.

Do you feel inspired by the photo?  If so, come on over to the JUGS blog and add your link.  Who knows, you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then put you in the running to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

10 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well, I am loving the knickers.....so cute and stylish! Such a fun card and great inspiration photo!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well, I am loving the knickers.....so cute and stylish! Such a fun card and great inspiration photo!

Chris Dring said...

LOVE those knickers!! What a fun card and challenge!

cm said...

Those knickers are awesome! Very stylish! What a great - and fun - take on the inspiration photo! Again, thrilled to be playing in this challenge with you and the team! Thank you!
~carol

Nancy said...

I think the vertical stripes works well! Fantastic card and thanks for challenging us this week...it's good for all of us!

Lisa Kind said...

Great photo this week! I just started playing last year and totally love the game! Your image is fabulous! Love the colors and the vertical stripes look great!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh geez, this card just makes me smile. It's so stinkin' CUTE! What a wonderful angle on golfing, and your striped background works perfectly. The black and white just makes the colors pop. I have to go see if I can find that stamp. Great take on the challenge!!!

Ina G said...

OMG I just love those daks! Great background and fabulous layout Sue. Certainly made us all think on this challenge but was a lot of fun and so different.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous pop of color against the fabulous b&w stripes! Love this card

Marlena M. said...

LOVE those knickers~what a fun image! Horizontal or vertical~those stripes WORK!