Saturday, January 7, 2017

Just Us Girls #375 - Word Week

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  We are back for a new year at Just Us Girls with our first challenge of the year with Ina as our hostess for Word Week and such a perfect word it is!

I would like to welcome our January Guest Designer Shawna Standish!  Pop on over to the JUGS Challenge Blog to see how Shawna and the rest of the very talented Design Team were inspired to create with our Word - New.


Since it is a new year, which means a new start, I thought it was time to "reboot" and start anew!  I used some Gina K stamps - Tech Talk and Lots of Dots Alphabet.  Stamped the laptop, colored with Touch Twin markers and cut it out.  Added some gel pen to the heart and covered the blue screen of death with some glaze.  Stamped the reboot with Versamark and heat embossed with yellow ep.  Grabbed a random piece of patterned paper from my stash and mounted it onto a blue card base.

Come show us what New inspires you to make, it could be some new stamps/toys you got for Christmas or anything else that pops into your head.  You could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

7 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Buahahahaha!!! The blue screen of death!! I almost spit my tea out reading that! What a fun, clever card!

Bobby said...

If only we could reboot our lives as easily as a computer, Sue. This was such a clever idea.

Nancy said...

This is a brilliant idea with our word this week Sue! Maybe I can reboot my mojo! LOL Well done and Happy New Year!

Judy Woodland said...

What a clever take on the challenge!!! I love your patterned paper, so bright and pretty. Well done!

Ina G said...

I agree with the girls - very clever take on our 'word challenge' this week. Love it!

Lisa Kind said...

Very clever take on the challenge! Love it! Great pattern paper too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So clever! Made me smile