Saturday, January 14, 2017

Just Us Girls #376 - Trend Week

It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls and Bobby has chosen All Over Stamping as our challenge this week!


We have the very talented Shawna Standish with us again this week as our Guest Designer!  Come see the awesome creations that Shawna and the rest of the JUGS Design Team have come up with this week.


I started out by using some little flower and leaf stamps with Lake Mist Ranger Adirondack ink.  I then stamped the sentiment in black and decided it needed a little something else, that is when it went very wrong!  Didn't like it, so die cut the center out of the stamped panel, grabbed another piece of pink cardstock and stamped the flowers all over in Hero Arts Bubble Gum, masking as I went, then added the sentiment to that and mounted under the original piece.  Still didn't like it, so added some gel pen around the inside of the  opening to give it some definition and mounted onto a darker pink card base.  That is when I noticed some oops, so in came the glittery dots.  All stamps are by Concord & 9th.

Come play along with us with this fun technique (hopefully yours will go smoother than my attempt) and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would put you in the running for a chance to be our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.



7 comments:

Bobby said...

I feel your pain, Sue, but the final result is fantastic. A stamped frame AND a stamped focal panel are double duty and they are great together.

Chris Dring said...

I see no oops here. I'm sure you totally-meant-to-do-that! What a fantastic card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do love the subtle pattern change from back panel to font

Nancy said...

I see no mistakes! Way to stick with it and not throw in the towel! I think it's very pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

I can tell that this was a fair amount of work with all that masking, but it really paid off. I love what you have done here, especially with the layering. Pretty colors too, and that greeting in the middle is perfect in the black!!

Ina G said...

Clean simple and stunning! So very pretty. What mistake?

Maria said...

Oh pretty in pink is so lovely! Nicely done with the challenge!