Saturday, May 13, 2017

Just Us Girls #393 - Trend Week

It's my turn again to host this week's Trend Challenge at Just Us Girls!  There seems to be a lot of the new Distress Oxide Inks from Time Holtz backgrounds being created a
round blogland.  My challenge is to do just that, create a background with Oxide or Distress inks, or any other ink that you have to achieve a similar effect.


Kathie Durgan, our May Guest Designer is with us again this week.  Come check out the backgrounds by Kathy and the rest of the talented JUGS Design Team.



This one uses the cling wrap technique found here



This is the Magic Stencil Technique by Jennifer McGuire found here



And this one was misted Distress Oxide inks on a Teflon mat and swirled the watercolor paper into it to create the blend.  After it was dry, used a stencil to add the sunburst dashes by sponging more Oxide Ink.

Come on over to Just Us Girls and show us your backgrounds and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week and that would put you in the running for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

3 amazing cards!

Judy Woodland said...

All your cards are amazing!. I must try the cling wrap technique, I love the look! Great challenge, I am really enjoying all the entries!

Ina G said...

OMG these cards are simply stunning each in its own special way. I'm loving the results you achieved here. These inks are now on my wish list after getting to try them out recently. Thanks for a fabulous favourite trend of mine Sue.

Chris Dring said...

Holy wow! Three incredible cards!

Nancy said...

I have not tried the cling wrap technique...you have me intrigued! Love each one of these Sue! Thanks for the links too!

Bobby said...

It looks like you had fun playing with your DOXs, Sue. Everyone has its unique 'personality' and I love them all.