Saturday, June 17, 2017

Just Us Girls #398 - Color Week

It's Color Week at Just Us Girls and Bobby has chosen a beautiful color combo for us to work with.


Visit our JUGS blog to see how these colors inspired Estelle our June Guest Designer and the rest of the Design Team.


Some Kraft Core Core'dinations was used for the embossed brick wall, then it was sanded and sponged with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The print background is a piece of a bag that my stamp order came in, I crinkled it up then adhered it to some cardstock and inked the edges and the raised crinkles with some more Walnut Stain.  The Tim Holtz bird was colored with Prismacolor pencils and die cut.  Used some words from an old Gina K set, Calendar Bits and Pieces, to build the sentiment on the layered fishtail tag.

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

I am also adding this to The Male Room Challenge - Off the Edge

8 comments:

Ina G said...

Got to love that bird. Great layout. Looks fabulous using Bobby's colour choice.

Estelle TBT said...

Beautiful card Sue!!! This fun birdy is perfect with this color palette.

Nancy said...

This card tends to play a little bit with the eyes...it almost looks as if it's a box card and the bird is inside...or I am a little crazy. Either way I love it!

Bobby said...

I'm with Nancy, Sue. There is so much dimension with your background and of course I love those crazy birds. I've pinned this to remind me to use my Core'dinations for brick. I love how yours turned out.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, do I ever love that sweet little bird. He is so stinkin' cute!!!! And the patterns and textures are perfect...it all just works perfectly together!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, do I ever love that sweet little bird. He is so stinkin' cute!!!! And the patterns and textures are perfect...it all just works perfectly together!

Rocky said...

Love the bird, the colours and the great use of packaging, thank you for joining us at TMR.

Deborah Frings said...

This is brilliant! Love that crazy bird and awesome colours. Thanks for playing along with our Off the Edge challenge at The Male Room, Deborah, DT.