Saturday, September 23, 2017

Just Us Girls #412 - Photo Week

It's time for our Photo Week Challenge at Just Us Girls and Ina has chosen a beautiful photo with lots of inspiration.


Pop on over to the JUGS blog to see what our Guest Designer, Linda Snodgrass and the rest of the very creative Design Team have come up with, with this photo as inspiration.



That photo is beautiful, but I didn't do it justice!  I love the colors, greenery and that birdcage, but I don't have a single birdcage in my collection.  Used Gina K's Vogue Vases for the vase and leaves embossing the vase with clear ep.  Then added the sentiment from Altenew, embossed with dark green ep.  Used a stencil on the background with some aqua ink and used the same ink to sponged around the edges.

I decided that I needed to fix this, so added some more leafy fronds.  I just don't think this card can be fixed!



Now it's your turn to create something with the photo for inspiration.  Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer.  Please limit your entries to 3.

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I do like the card with the added top foliage -- both turned out great!

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! I love that background!!!

Bobby said...

We're always our own harshest critic, Sue. I think your cards are great. I love the stenciled background which gives great texture. It's clean and simple without the extra ferns but that card looks wonderful too.

Ina G said...

I like both cards Sue. The stenciled background is perfect. That stamp is one of my all time favourites of Gina's. Wish I had the second one. Gorgeous colours!

Lisa Kind said...

I don't know why you think this card isn't worthy. It's lovely! I like it with and without the additional fronds too! The bg is perfect too! Beautiful card!

Nancy said...

I am in agreement with Lisa....I love the CAS look and the added foliage! Well done and your too hard on yourself!

Linda said...

I think your CAS look is fabulous. You are too hard on yourself. Your cards are so lovely. I like them both.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE it both ways. Great background, and I really like what you have done with that vase and greenery. Awesome card!