Saturday, September 8, 2018

Just Us Girls #457 - Trend Week

It's time for a new challenge at Just Us Girls and it's Trend Week!  Carol has chosen a fun trend for us, Hand Drawn Elements!



We have Julie Beech with us again this week as our September Guest Designer  .  Come on over to JUGS to see what Julie and the rest of the Design Team have created with adding Hand Drawn Elements.


Carol is asking us to use hand drawn type images and this is the very first stamp set that I had purchased.  It's an old Stampin Up set and I have no idea what the name of it is!  Stamped the outline in Denim Blue and stamped the box part with Lime Green.  The sentiment is much newer and is from Concord & 9th, also stamped in Denim Blue.  Layered it onto a piece of blue and white polka dot paper.  Stamped the stripes down the side of the green base with Distress Oxide ink in Faded Jeans.

Now here is my first card.  I thought we were supposed to actually hand drawn some elements and I can hardly draw stick people!




Used a CASual Fridays set for this simple card.  The dotted circle is from Altenew.  Added the dashes around the edge of the circle and the little stars with a gel pen.  The WTF usually gets a double take at first glance.

Come show us your hand drawn elements and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week,  which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.





7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great cards - I am partial to the CFS one. I also used the hand stitched framing :)

Macimbalo said...

So cool - love both cards!

Nancy said...

I think I have that same present somewhere Sue! Love both of your cards! Always loved this set from Casual Fridays too! Perfect masculine card for a milestone birthday!

Julie B said...

That's what I thought too, draw my own elements that is. Never mind you ended up with 2 fab cards!

Ina G said...

Two fabulous card here Sue. Great takes on this weeks challenge.

cm said...

Your sketchy gift is ultra sweet, especially paired with that fabulous-font sentiment and the cheery colours. Your WTF card: totally crushing over it! Two fantastic cards and oh, how I appreciate you doing so!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

Both card are wonderful and fit the challenge, Sue.