Saturday, March 2, 2019

Just Us Girls #477 - Word Week

Time for a new challenge at Just Us Girls and it is Word Week with Vicki as our hostess and she has chosen the word "Birthday'!


It's the beginning of a new month, which means we have a new Guest Designer!  A big welcome to Greta Hess!  Check out the JUGS Blog to see all of the birthday creations by Greta and the rest of our amazing Design Team!


Die cut the stars and sprayed with yellow shimmer mist.  Stamped the fireworks with stars from Kitchen Sink Stamps in Brilliance Blue ink on the background.  Stamped the birthday on the white square and put everything together then stamped the birthday again to go over the star point.  Die cut the happy from some mirrored blue cardsotck.  Added a little Sakura Stardust blue gel pen to the little stars on the background to make them stand out a little more.

I used this week's sketch from  Freshly Made Sketches.

Come show us your Birthday creations and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would put you in the running for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


10 comments:

cm said...

Celebration happening all over your card with the cheerful colours, bright stars and pretty fireworks! Love this!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

This is a great birthday card!!!

Ina G said...

Love the bold bright orange stars and the fabulous background. Nice touch with the mirror paper. Great colour combo Sue.

Nancy said...

The mirrored sentiment was a brilliant addition to this great card Sue! Well done!

Lilou752 said...

(sorry, I leave my message as a comment because I didn't find contact form on your blog, hoping you'll see it soon.
Please answer directly to my email address elise.amann(at)wanadoo.fr).

Hello Sue!
I'm writting an article for the issue 50 of the french magazine called "Passion cartes créatives".
The subject is "silhouettes and again the light scenes"...
I wish to show your beautiful card within this article.
(seen here : http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/waterfront-1)
Would you agree with that ?
(if you have other cards you want to share with our readers, they would be welcome !)
If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible a high resolution photo of your creation (without watermark on it) ?
Of course, your name or pen name if you want will appear next to the image, and the address of your blog will be in the address book.
Thank you in advance for your quick answer, even if it is negative, so that I can get organized (I have to give my paper very soon).
Best Regards, Elise AMANN

Vicki Dutcher said...

This makes for a great masculine card I love that big ol star on the front

Amy O said...

I love these colors together, and stars are always perfect for a birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Bobby said...

The fireworks behind the stars make them look like they're shining even more that the shimmer paint, Sue. The mirror blue die cut adds to the festiveness.

Lisa Kind said...

I bet this card is so shimmery in real life! Love the mirrored letters. Really pretty card!

Greta said...

I love how you used the sketch! Stars are great for BD cards, but I forget to use them. You've inspired me! So happy to be designing with JUGs this month!