Saturday, March 14, 2015

Just Us Girls Trend Week

It's my turn to bring you this week's trend challenge at Just Us Girls.  It seems like everyone is adding splatters to their cards of all styles, so our challenge to you this week is to add some Splatters.  This is truly a challenge for me because I can never seem to get that delicate look that I see on other's creations, so I bought a couple different stencils that have splatters on them!



Check out what  Jen Mitchell, our March Guest Designer and the rest of the JUGS Design Team have done with splatters.


I used a stencil for the splatters in the middle and then got brave and added some more with some watered down ink and a paint brush!  This might be just a little overboard.  I had to add some washi tape due to a black smudge on the lower right.  I used my new Moon Glow Sakura gel pens to fill in the dots on the sentiment.


I had to make one more.  The big yellow splat is a stencil that I used some yellow Heidi Swapp Shine Mist and then added some smaller splatters with some pink Shine Mist.  Stamped the sentiment with Memento Danube Blue.  I wish I would have embossed the sentiment to make it bolder now.

Join us at Just Us Girls and show us your Splatters!  You have until next Thursday, March 19 at 9 pm.  You could be our next Chic of the Week!

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous cards -- Love the bright colors~

Chris Dring said...

Excellent CAS cards, Sue! I would have never known you used stencils on this if you hadn't said anything! Both cards are fabulous!

Nancy said...

Love them both Sue and great choice for a technique...I see high numbers again this week! Way to go!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm rarely brave enough to try and manufacture my own splatters with ink and a paint brush. Good for you for trying and succeeding! This is such a great, colorful card!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are wonderful......love your splatters! Genius to use washi tape to cover a boo boo. Great job!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are wonderful......love your splatters! Genius to use washi tape to cover a boo boo. Great job!

Maria said...

These are wonderfully colorful and fun! I love stencils makes it so simple and looks so amazing! Great job!

Betty Wright said...

Great colors and designs! Love the bold colors! You totally rocked the splatters, too!

Ina G said...

Love your splatters and big bold bright sentiments.

Greta said...

Oh what fun cards!