Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wooden Birthday

I needed a birthday card for my brother-in-law and The Male Room had the perfect challenge - Wood.


First embossed the wood background with a Tim Holtz embossing folder then sponged Distress Ink in Walnut Stain all over it.  I had these wood hexagons in my stash that my friend gave me and stamped them with an old SU Canvas background stamp.  Played around with the arrangement until I was happy with it, then glued them in place.  Stamped the sentiment piece with STAMPlorations Chevron and Arrows set.  Layered onto some Gina K Dark Chocolate and onto a Sandy Beach base.

Thanks for stopping in!

3 comments:

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I'm sure your BIL loved his manly birthday card! You did a great job created a wooden background for this card. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Tina dt

Rocky said...

So simple and SO very good, love it. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is fab - perfect masculine card and I'm sure your BIL loves it. Sorry to be so late commenting, thanks for playing along with The Male Room!