Tuesday, September 16, 2014

NBUS Challenge #2 and Stripes

I just love Darnell's NBUS blog, she is just so much fun!  She has her second challenge up to use Never Before Used Schtuff with an optional twist.  Check her out!

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

I went with option #1 to make a Christmas Card.


The tree image is from the very first stamp set I ever purchased and yet, never used this particular image.  Another NBUS I used was my new Encore Bronze ink.  I used a striped embossing folder for the brown background and some Wink of Stella marker in yellow on the star.

I am also entering this in the Mod Squad Challenge - Simply Stripes

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Darnell said...

I love your card, Sue! You have created a wonderful marriage of a classic design with a modern image! The striped brown gives the impression of wood, so perfect for your tree. There is lots and lots of impeccable layering, corner play, and the perfect banner finish! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge and for so kindly promoting it and my blog!! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

Lovely card, love the greens and browns :)

Tricia T said...

Nice crisp design! The stripes in the background add a lot of dimension!

Daniela Dobson said...

You are my stamp winner! Can you email me your address, please.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card!