Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Twelve Tags of Christmas - Day 1

It's time for The Twelve Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist at Ellen Hutson's The Classroom

12


Today's inspiration is by Julie Ebersole
Laurel_tag_WEB_1

Here's my version:


I smeared Distress Inks in Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick onto the watercolor paper tag and sprayed with water to blend the colors.  After that dried I lighted spritzed some Heidi Swapp shimmery pink spray all over.  Stamped the sentiment with Memento Luxe Bahama Blue ink.  Die cut the wreath and cut off 3 of the leaf segments and glued the ends together to make it smaller to fit the tag.  Added some red Wink of Stella to the berries and added some wooden stars covered with gold Wink of Stella.
I love playing along with The Twelve Tags of Christmas because it pushes me to try new things and I also end up with some pretty cool tags to put on Christmas presents.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Julie Ebersole said...

I'm so glad you are playing along with us! Your tag is so vibrant and bold! I may have to look for that shimmery pink spray, too! Happy, happy Holidays!

SmilynStef said...

I agree ... it's a pretty *safe* way to get outside my comfort zone and I learn new things every year.