Saturday, October 20, 2018

Just Us Girls #463 - Color Week

It's time for our Color Week Challenge at Just Us Girls and Lisa has chosen Purple, Blue and Green!


Come visit JUGS to see how these colors inspired Linda Snodgrass, our Guest Designer and the rest of the amazing Design Team.

There are so many different directions you could go with this color combo and the first thing that popped into my head is this hydrangea image from Gina K.  Stamped onto some Yupo paper and used Inktense colored pencils with a water brush in purple and blue making the centers blue and blending out to the purple.  Added some paint splatters, matted on some purple cardstock.  Copied the flourish background on a laser printer onto some blue cardstock and foiled with Gina K Fancy Foils in Wild Lilac.  Finished it off by adhering to a green card base to match the leaves. 

How do these colors inspire you?  Come on over and share your creations with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then put you in the running for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


8 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Lovely hydrangea colored perfectly! Great card!

Linda said...

Sue, this is so pretty. Love the beautifully colored hydrangea.

Nancy said...

I can see why your mind went right to the Hydrangea stamp. Your card is so pretty and you did a great job with your watercoloring over pencil! Sorry your weather seems to have gone to winter instead of fall! :(

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty card

Ina G said...

Gorgeous hydrangea Sue and the background sets it off beautifully.

cm said...

The colour combination works beautifully for your lovely hydrangea! Whenever I see these flowers, I'm reminded of my grandma, who had the greenest of thumbs ever! Her hydrangea were stunning...and HUGE! Thank you for sparking fond memories...
Hugs~carol

Lisa Kind said...

I love hydrangeas! One of my favorite flowers. And I love the technique you used to color it. I've never seen this done before. Great use of the colors!

Bobby said...

I would never have thought to use my Inktense pencils on Yupo paper, Sue. The colors blend beautifully. Foiling is a big thing now and I'm glad to see you tried it. It's lovely.