Sunday, February 23, 2020

Twofer Fruit

Joining in at Twofer Card Challenge where the challenge is Fruit!



Using some pear dies from Spellbinders I made an anniversary card for my hubby and used a letter set from Concord & 9th to stamp the sentiment.  The background was one I made a while ago by watercoloring and spritzing with some clear shimmer spray.  Sponged Distress Oxide inks on the pears using Peeled Paint and Fossilized Amber then using regular Distress Walnut Stain on the stems.

Then I made a thank you card again using the pear die, but cutting off the stem and making some antlers and ears from a leaf die and a word window punch.  Stamped a little heart for the nose and drew the eyes and mouth with a black gel pen adding dots of white gel pen to the eyes.  Did some sponging around the edges to give it some depth.  Again, I used the letter set from Concord & 9th for the sentiment.  The patterned paper is very old from my stash.

Here are individuals photos of each of these.



I am also adding the pear card for the color challenge at CAS on Friday.

CAS on Sunday




Thanks for stopping by!  I would love to know what you think about these two cards.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pear card is stunning! I love distress oxides and here you've used them beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us in our colour challenge. Cheers, Kerry, DT

Darnell said...

I wish you could see the smile on my face seeing these two designs, Sue! Your anniversary card is a brilliant artistic pear study and you're very adept with the C9 letter set! I love the coloring of the pears against your beautiful watercolored background. And then you were a magician turning the big pear into an adorable antlered critter with a heart-shaped nose! So precious! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

Stampin with Liz Design said...

These are so much fun both! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

oldpunca said...

I think your cards are perfect. :-) The coloring of pears on the first card is so realistic, that I tried to pull them out of my computer. :-) Turning the pear into deer is amazing and very well done!
Hugs, Sonja

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant twofer, Sue ... your pears on the watercolour background look wonderfully juicy and succulent ... and how genius to turn one into a reindeer ... he's adorable ... so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

sue t. said...

Love your pair of pears! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!

Kara Lynne said...

Well done finding a deer in that pear! He's so cute with his little antlers and heart for a nose! Your pair of pears are beautiful, and I love the gorgeous background you gave them! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!