Saturday, December 14, 2013

Just Us Girls Technique Challenge #219

It's my turn to host the challenge at Just Us Girls this week.   For this week's challenge, I chose Faux Silk.  Splitcoaststampers has a great tutorial for this technique.  I love the soft look this gives to your background.



We would like to give a warm welcome back again this week our December Guest Designer  Jan Del Bone!
 



First I crinkled up some tan tissue paper twice.  Then followed the directions to adhere to some ivory cardstock. Lightly sponged the creases for more dimension and then stamped my images and sentiment.


I had to do one more.  I really like this look for a sympathy card.


Just a reminder that Just Us Girls is starting up the Guest Designer position once again!!  Winning  Chic of the Week puts you in the running for the GD spot.  At the end of the month, after we have all of our Chic's of the weeks for that month, the JUGS girls will decide who the Guest Designer will be for the following month!   


How to play: Please copy and use our graphic on your post. You need to upload your new project [no back dating please] for this week's challenge to your online blog or to a public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Linky Tools form at the bottom of this post. If you upload to online galleries, please use the keyword or tag, JUGS219. After you post to Linky Tools you may also leave a comment here.

Deadline to be considered for the "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, Dec. 19th.  The Linky Tools form will close at that time. Our top pick, "Chic of the Week", will be announced on the following Friday morning.

Thanks for playing with us this week!   We can't wait to see what you create!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Not one but two beauties! LOVE how the technique shines on the first one!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love both cards! This is really a fun technique, and I had a lot of fun trying it. It does leave your card with a very soft look. I know I will be using it again. Great job!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You rocked out this technique - I love seeing the texture show up so well. I had fun doing this technique -- good choice!!

Nancy said...

Sue...great challenge and I love both of your cards! Well done you! Have a great day!