Saturday, July 4, 2020

Just Us Girls #543 - Word Week

It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and Carol has chosen the very timely word of Rainbow!  Let's see lots of rainbows this week!


Since it is the first week of the month, that means a new Guest Designer her at JUGS!  Please welcome Trina Pham!  Come see all the Rainbows created by Trina and the rest of the amazing Design Team!


This started by swiping Distress Oxide inks in the colors of the rainbow then spraying with water to blend the colors.  After it was dry, stamped the sentiment from Reverse Confetti in Gina K Amalgam ink.  This has been sent off to my 96 year old aunt's boyfriend who is in an assisted living facility to try to cheer him up during this trying time.

Come show us your rainbow creation and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week!  That would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer.  Please limit your entries to 3.

5 comments:

cm said...

I've not tried the swiping technique with my ink pads, but seeing what you've done here sure makes me want to give it a go! Love your rainbow background and yes, rainbows do make me think happy thoughts!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

My swiping would never turn out like this! This looks absolutely perfect! Looks as if it's paper to me! Great job! Thanks for the reminder that I need to think happy thoughts! I am sure strongling these days. HUGS! Stay safe!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Such a cool background technique with fabulous blended results! And who doesn’t love a bright cheery rainbow... very thoughtful of you to send it to your aunt’s boyfriend.

Ina G said...

Fabulous result with the swiping technique Sue. Bold and bright and such a super sentiment.

Macimbalo said...

So beautiful and I love the black and white stripes at top and bottom - so striking!