Saturday, September 12, 2020

Just Us Girls #553 - Trend Week

 Nancy has chosen a really fun Trend Week Challenge at Just Us Girls this week!

Come check out what our Guest Designer, Lindsey and the rest of the amazing Design Team have created by cutting it into thirds over at JUGS.



I have to admit that when I made this I had masked and inked the background with Distress Oxide inks and stamped the vase and flowers to create a one layer card, and then realized that I was supposed to cut it into thirds!  Instead of starting over, I just cut along the edges of the colors and left the image intact.  Between the little stems crossing the top layers I cheated and used a white gel pen.  Used some light blue Stickles to add sparkle to the vase.  Added some dots of colors to the flower petals in various colors of markers and gel pens and they still weren't grabbing me, so I added some white gel pen along the edges of the petals and purple souffle pen to the little buds.  Still not a fan of this, but it is what it is!

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


8 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great recovering leaving the vase intact! I love this card Sue and glad you didn't have to start over!

Lindsey said...

You may not be a fan, but I think it's a beautiful card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally loving the BRIGHT colors in thirds :)

Macimbalo said...

So pretty, this is one of my fav color combos! Beautiful!!!

Bobby said...

Great save, Sue. Your vase looks like marble and the flowers are lovely.

Ina G said...

Super background and oh what a stunning result you got with that very old and still fabulous Gina K stamp set you used Sue. One of my favourites still. Love the stickle effect on the vase.

Lisa Kind said...

Love how you turned it around to make it fit the challenge! It's such a pretty card. Lovely background colors and pretty image.

cm said...

Whew...glad you found a way to save your card; it's sooo pretty! Fabulous palette; perfect for your sweet vase and blooms!
hugs~carol