Saturday, April 30, 2022

Just Us Girls #630 - Wild Card Week

 We have a 5th Saturday this month, so that means it's Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls where the hostess can choose anything at all for our challenge!  Lisa K. has chosen to challenge us with making a tri-fold card!


Sadly, this is our last week with Mac Mable as our Guest Designer and I would like to say THANK YOU for taking the time to join us this past month with all of your amazing creations!  Come check out JUGS to see what Mac Mable and the rest of the Design Team have created with a tri-fold.






This was definitely a challenge for me!  I had a really hard time wrapping my head around this one and had many failed attempts.  Used an unknown circle/candle die, lined up the other circles over the first two panels.  Framed the first 2 circles with blue and green frames.  Added the die cut happy which I covered with some clear gloss on the front and stamped the remaining sentiments on the next 2 panels.

Come share your tri-fold creations with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Sue... this card is so ingenious! Love the idea of layering the sentiment!

Mac Mable said...

Ohhhh this is so clever and creative. I love how it builds up to the final sentiment Sue x. What a fun and happy card x. I have loved the honour of guesting with you this month, learnt lots, challenged myself and thank you too for the warm welcome x.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the sentiments on each panel, Sue! CUTE, CUTE card!

Carol said...

Very fun, bright and cheerful card Sue! Those candles are really cute and the glossy letters on the front are GREAT!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is amazing! I love the see through candles :)

Nancy said...

Sue, This came out great but I bet there was a bit of trial and error to get it all to line-up correctly! Love that everyone's cards are so different! Yours is super fun and one I just might attempt. Thanks for the inspiration!

cm said...

Sue, your candles tri-fold is fabulous! I'm with you: had some challenges (and plenty of failed attempts) but glad to have a new technique to try again...down the road.
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Love your sparkly tri fold birthday card Sue. Great result.

Bobby said...

I love that you made a window card, Sue. It's fun to see each layer open up with a different colored frame and then see part of the sentiment on each one.