Saturday, March 4, 2023

Just Us Girls # 669

 It's time for Color Week at Just Us Girls and Ina has chosen a fabulous color combo for us to play with!

Turquoise, Mustard and Black.

First I would like to welcome Michelle Ferguson, our Guest Designer for the month of March!  Come check out JUGS to see what   and the rest of the amazing Design Team have created with these colors.



This started with a black panel then swiped Distress Oxide ink in Broken China across it.  Stenciled the starts with Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber, but it didn't make the stars stand out enough so added some Buttercup embossing powder.  Die cut the other 2 stars and heat embossed them with the Buttercup embossing powder.  Stamped the sentiment on a lighter strip of turquoise in black and put it all together on a turquoise card base. 

Come share you creation with us using these colors and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit you entries to 3.

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the colors for your galaxy card

I Card Everyone said...

Sue, you've just reminded me of the beauty of Oxide inks! I completely forgot about how they work over black!
YOU are the rock star! thank you for the sweet welcome!
=]

Carol said...

Your card "aligned" with the view of Jupiter and Mars this past week!!! I am not sure that I knew that oxides work over dark cardstock and I will most likely try that today!!! What a great idea for a rock star themed card!!! Love it!

Nancy said...

Look at those shiny yellow stars! Awesome job with the colors, Sue!

cm said...

Talk about a creative use of the colours! Love your galaxy card!
~carol

Lisa Elton said...

This is incredible, Sue! I like the swipe of color on the black, it adds so much interest!

Ina G said...

What a fabulous take on this weeks colours Sue. Love the galaxy result and all those beautiful bright yellow stars. Fabulous!

Bobby said...

Embossing the stars gave them so much dimension that I thought it was paste, Sue. Great card design using the challenge colors.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm back after receiving your comment - I didn't realize you are a Michigander, too! Thank you, Sue!
=]

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! That background is amazing and so simply done! Great card Sue!