Saturday, June 17, 2023

Just Us Girls #684

 It's Photo/Moodboard Week at Just Us Girls and Vicki has chosen a fabulous Photo for inspiration.


Check out JUGS to see how our fabulous Guest Designer, TK and the rest of the amazing Design Team were inspired by this Photo.

That little blue striped cottage definitely jumped right out at me!  I didn't have any stamps or dies of little houses/cottages, so I had to create my own.  I die cut a blue stenciled square and one from some blue/gray and trimmed what I needed to make the cottage and roof then used a scrap of white to make the door.  First I ink blended the sand and sky and used a speckled stamp to add texture to the sand and then adhered the cottage to a white card base.  Finished it off by stamping the little seagulls in the sky.

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


9 comments:

TK said...

Calm and serene, your card is adorable -- I can hear the waves splashing and seagulls calling in my mind!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable inspired Card love that cute little beach cottage

Carol said...

I love that you too made your own hut that you did not own. Great job! I was sure it was the one I own by MFT. Adorable, peaceful beachy card!!!

ElizStewart said...

Sue... this is the perfect CAS card...I LOVE IT!

Nancy said...

I Love your CAS beach cottage, Sue! The subtle background is perfect as well!

Bobby said...

Fabulous CAS card, Sue. You did a great job constructing your beach cabana and gave it a great inky place to sit.

Ina G said...

Love your CAS card Sue. Great shading and bright colours. The birds are a great finisher.

cm said...

How impressive is your 'own made' little house! Super cure; super creative!
hugs~carol

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cute! I love how you created the background too. Very sweet card!