Saturday, June 3, 2023

Just Us Girls #682

 It's time for Color Week at Just Us Girls and our fabulous hostess Vicki has chosen a beautiful color combo to inspire us.


I would like to welcome our June Guest Designer - TK!  Hop on over to JUGS to see what TK and the rest of the amazing Design Team have created with this color combo.


This is the Mother's Day card I sent to my daughter who is a fantastic mom!  First did some ink blending in the purple and blue Distress Inks over the entire background.  Next inked the embossing folder with Distress Oxide Hickory Smoke and ran through my Big Shot giving this a light gray background.  Stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of vellum and used some very old Vintage Violet from SU for the card base.

Come share you creation with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


8 comments:

Carol said...

I had to read your process to see how you made this pretty card!! Beautiful!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome end result! I bet she loved this card :)

Lisa Elton said...

I'll bet your daughter loved this, Sue! I've never inked my embossing folders, but you've inspired me with your marvelous creation!

TK said...

Beautiful flowers! Love these colors, they are so welcoming -- and thank you for the welcome!

Nancy said...

Sue, What a wonderful thing to say about your daughter and I am certain she learned from the best. This is so beautiful!

ElizStewart said...

Sue...very tricky! Like the technique...fabulous end result!

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous and such bold use of this weeks colours.

cm said...

I know your daughter loved this card, as do I! So incredibly pretty!
hugs~carol