Saturday, November 11, 2023

Just Us Girls #705 - Word Week

 It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and Carol M. is our lovely hostess this week and has chosen a very timely word for our inspiration.


Check out JUGS blog to see how our awesome Guest Designer, Melissa Craig and our amazing Design Team were inspired by Thanks or Thanksgiving.


This cute little turkey looks a little scared.  I found this set a thrift store last year and I don't know who made it.  Stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle and then with Versamark and heat embossed the turkey's body first.  Masked off the body and stamped the dotted feathers with Versamark and heat embossed with buttercup yellow ep.  Colored in the tail feathers with watercolor markers from Altenew.  I had a little oopsy on the bottom, so in come the acorns.

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun turkey! 😊

cm said...

Yes, your little turkey is adorable, especially with his polka-dot feathers! Perhaps the 'mistake' was meant to be because the acorns are a charming special touch!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

That turkey is so cut...and I love all the details you put into him. I never would have guessed that the acorns cover an Ooops, but I totally get it! Fun Thanksgiving card!

Julia Aston said...

So fun with your dotted papers! Julia xx

Bobby said...

Love that bright polka dot tail, Sue.

ElizStewart said...

Sue... so cute! I have this little guy and haven't used him in eons. Love how cute you made him!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness! What a super fun turkey!! I love his polka dot feathers.

Lisa Elton said...

I suppose he should be a little scared this time of year! I like his polka dot feathers. Cute card, Sue!

Nancy said...

Fun card, Sue! Love his feathers! So creative!

Lisa Kind said...

He’s adorable! I love how you stamped and embossed him. And he doesn’t look scared at all!

Ina G said...

Super cute colourful turkey Sue. I'd be scared too thinking I was on the menu.