Thursday, January 25, 2024

Just Us Girls #711 - Stencil Week

It's time for our newest challenge at Just Us Girls - Anything Goes Stencil Week!  Our lovely hostess for this challenge is Ina.  You can make anything, any theme as long as it includes a stencil.

Hop on over to JUGS to see how our Guest Designer, Stef Perry and the rest of our fabulous Design Team have used stencils this week.



I used Heart Bouquet stencil from Echo Park that I found at our fabulous Ben Franklin who happens to have a great assortment of stamping/scrapbooking supplies.  I wanted to try a different approach and decided to use Sakura Stardust gel pens in pink, red and green and traced the designs instead of sponging or spraying.  I kind of like the results of this clean, open look with all of the shimmer.  Used an unknown die from my stash cutting the hugs from white glitter cardstock and the shadow from red.  After putting it all together I wish I would have colored the white glitter open heart that is peeking out from behind the sentiment.

Come join us and you could be chosen as our next Winner of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

I would also like to link this to Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I used the left row - heart, red and die cut/punch.

It's also a fit for the Inkspirational Challenge to use stencils.




10 comments:

Carol said...

Oh how I miss having a Ben Franklin store within driving distance. I would love to shop their stencils and all their other craft products. This card is so sweet. Love your colors and the way you used your stencil! I bet the sparkle is just fabulous in person, too. Very pretty card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great extended way of using a stencil! Super fun background

cm said...

A pretty stencil and I can just image how sparkly it is with the stardust pens. So thrilled that you also shared this over at Inkspirational! Yayyy!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

I like those little hearts dancing in the background! This is super cute, Sue. I remember going to Ben Franklin in our neighborhood when I was a little girl. What a fun store it was, I miss it!

Bobby said...

I didn't know there were still Ben Franklin's around, Sue. I used to love the one in Grayling but it's been gone forever. Drawing inside the stencil openings gave a very different and wonderful look to your card.

Ina G said...

Oh so sweet Sue. All those hearts and the big one tucked behind that big sentiment make a super card.

ElizStewart said...

OMG... love this stencil! I am going to learn about so many new products with this new challenge. Love it!

Greta said...

I adore those pens and haven't used them in quite awhile. Perfect choice for the sweet little images in the stencil!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the way using the pens with your stencil looks. Great idea! Love the way you did the sentiment and also the detail of that sparkly heart.

Stef Perry said...

The sparkly gel pens outlining the hearts looks fabulous, Sue and I love your CAS layout with the die cut sentiment! Such a fun card!