Saturday, February 12, 2022

Just Us Girls #619 - Trend Week

 It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls and I am the hostess for this challenge.  I challenge you to make your own stencil from a die or dies.  You can die cut from plastic/transparency sheet or a piece of cardstock to create your own stencil.  I can't wait to see all the different ways you create your own stencil.

Come check out JUGS to see what our super talented Design Team have created by making their own stencils.



I used a leafy die and die cut out of a transparency sheet and stenciled green ink.  Stamped the sentiment over the top of the leaf with Memento Espresso Truffle and die cut with a circle die.  The background is another sprayed piece and added a strip of patterned paper from my stash.  I just had to add one of my newest purchased dies from Simon Says Stamp - Simple Stem.




This one uses a partial brick wall die that I cut out of regular heavy weight cardstock and sponged Antique Linen Distress ink onto some brown cardstock.  Added the color and shading to the delicate die cuts with Touch Twin markers.

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

9 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

These are beautiful Sue! I love how tranquil the green card looks, and that main panel looks Iike glitter card stock at first, and I love the layout and colors of the second card.

ElizStewart said...

Sue... great challenge! You definitely put me to work. But now that I have done it twice... I think I would definitely do it again! Thanks for the teaching lesson. Love your example cards!

Lisa Elton said...

I had so much fun with your challenge, Sue! Your cards turned out great! Love the SSS simple stem, might have to pay them a visit!

Nancy said...

Love your cards and how you always come up with great ideas for our challenges! Both cards look great, Sue! Take care!

Bobby said...

I love doing this challenge, Sue, and may find other ways to do it. Your sympathy card is wonderful with the soft leaves and sprayed background. I'm loving the other one too, especially the way you colored those stems.

Ina G said...

Both cards are fabulous Sue. The sympathy card is perfect for the occasion and your second card is so bright and lovely. I so enjoyed this challenge after I found the die I used just right.

cm said...

Two beautiful cards, Sue. Your stenciled leaf is ever so lovely.
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of stencils that second card catches my eye with the color. It turned out really good

Cécile RIBON said...

These two cards are so pretty, Sue. I love the great softness of the first one and I love the very artsy look of the second one.