Saturday, August 27, 2022

Just Us Girls #647 - Photo Week

 It's time for Photo Week at Just Us Girls and Lisa E. has chosen a perfect photo for our inspiration!


Since this is the last week of the month, we sadly have to say goodby to our fabulous Guest Designer, Cathy Roffey.  Thank you Cathy for playing along with us this past month with all of your awesome creations!  Now, come on over to JUGS to see how this photo inspired Cathy and the rest of the amazing Design Team!


When I think of back to school, it makes me think about the big chalkboard at the front of the classroom.  The background is stenciled with WPlus9 white ink then stamped the sentiment from Unity in the same white and then stamped again with Distress Oxide Broken China. Rubbed some white chalk around the sentiment.   Added some die cut stars and layered with red and blue onto a yellow card base.

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


10 comments:

Carol said...

Having been a teacher when we had blackboards, I recognize the details of the white area that the eraser left behind and the lined board. (I asked for mine to be painted and they eventually did!) Very fun school card!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the bright primary colors and the chalk smudge! What a fun card, Sue!

cm said...

Blackboards...yes, I remember those well from my long-time teaching career, along with the residue left by the brushes and the tons of chalk dust that accumulated on my clothes daily. Your card is back-to-school fabulous!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Sue... AMAZING chalkboard!

Nancy said...

You are so creative, Sue! I adore this!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great chalkboard effect! Screams school to me :)

Cathy said...

Such a clever card! Love the chalkboard look you've captured, Cathy x

Bobby said...

I'd say you took the sentiment to heart, Sue. Your blackboard is fabulous and I love how you added the colorful frames and stars.

Pat said...

I like your design! That would look neat as a poster in a classroom.

Ina G said...

Those blackboards were so much a part of our school days and of course the white residue left by the chalk. Great take on the photo and what a perfect sentiment. Gee we have a few teachers in our group eh!