Thursday, September 1, 2022

Shine Bright

 I am thrilled to be Guest Designing with the amazing team at CAS Mix Up Card Challenge this month!  The challenge this month was something I have never done before and found it to be so much fun to do.  The challenge this month is to use gesso and stencils.



Started by stenciling with gesso through a star stencil onto some white linen cardstock.  Sponged on some Broken China Distress Oxide ink and buffed with a soft cloth which left the stars white.  Stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts in Memento Danube Blue ink.  Die cut the panel and layered onto a white linen card base.

I sent this off to my oldest Grandson who is starting college knowing that he is definitely going to shine bright in his college career!  I also tucked in a little bit of cash to pay for his first pizza.


10 comments:

Viv said...

This is such a pretty bright card Sue! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up!

HilaryJane said...

What a simple and yet wonderful card. I love your soft blue inking and the white stars look very special with that backdrop. So special to have you as out guest designer this month. Thank you xx

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect card for your grandson, Sue! I love the brightness of the stars! Thank you for inspiring us as our Guest Designer this month!

nancy littrell said...

Love you bright white Gesso stenciled stars, softly sponged sky and the perfect sentiment for your college bound grandson. So pleased you are our Guest Designer Sue. Hugs..Nancy
P.S. It is always fun trying new techniques and products:-)

Loll said...

Your gesso stars really shine bright against the gorgeous blue sponged background, Sue! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month! xx

Julia Aston said...

Your white stars are so pretty against the light blue night sky - a wonderful card for your grandson and I'm sure he'll love the cash inside!

Susan Joyce said...

Fantastic way to use the Gesso and stencil for your encouragement card Sue. Thanks for Guest Designing with us this month at CAS Mix Up!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous CAS card! I love your colours! Thanks for being our Guest:)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great gesso'd stars and I love the sponged blue & fun sentiment, Sue! Congrats on being guest designer & thanks for the inspiration at CAS Mix Up!!

Bobby said...

Congrats on your guest designing gig, Sue. I love that bright blue with the shining stars. How thoughtful to send it to your grandson. I know he'll love it, especially with the 'surprise' inside.