Saturday, September 3, 2022

Just Us Girls #648 - Word Week

 It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and it's my turn to host the challenge and the word I have chosen is Basket.  There are many types of baskets out there, what type of basket will you use?


And since this is the first challenge on the month, that means a new Guest Designer!  Please welcome Julie Beech!  Come check out the JUGS blog to see how Julie and the rest of the design team have used Baskets in their creations.


Now that school has started, when I think of the word basket it makes me think of basketball and I can't wait for the season to start.  I downloaded a clipart image of a basketball going through the basket and colored it with Prismacolor markers.  Added the die cut letters for the sentiment and a few silver metallic stars.  This is going to be my little grandson's birthday card, all 6'8" of him.

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


9 comments:

Carol said...

You clever girl...I only thought of woven baskets when this challenge popped up. Great, colorful card Sue!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out awesome! He is going to love this one :)

ElizStewart said...

Sue... so very clever of you!!!!

Julie B said...

This such a great take on the cue, your 'little' grandson will love it. :)

Nancy said...

Sue, You always push us to think outside the box with your challenges, I certainly like that about you! This is so perfect! Well done!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a slam dunk, Sue! I LOVE your choice of baskets! Your grandson is going to love it too!

cm said...

Clever! I didn't even think of something sports related. Fabulous take!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

That is a basket I never thought of, Sue, but it's perfect, especially for a grandson.

Ina G said...

What a great challenge Sue. Got out a die I haven't used for ages and enjoyed going all soft and feminine. Love the direction you took with that 'basketball' hoop and ball. Super big bold sentiment and tiny stars.