Saturday, September 17, 2022

Just Us Girls #650 - Color Week

 It's Color Week at Just Us Girls and Bobby has chosen the perfect color combo for this time of year!

Check out JUGS to see how our Guest Designer, Julie Beech and the rest of the Design Team have used these awesome fall colors.



This started off with the Concord & 9th leaf and sentiment which were both heat embossed and the leaf watercolored with Altenew watercolor pens in oranges. Die cut the unknown burlap piece from brown cardstock.  The background was spritzed with brown and green Archival ink sprays for a splattered effect then mounted onto a sage green card base.

Come share your creations with us and you could become our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.



9 comments:

Julie B said...

Your design evokes those soft misty mornings of autumn, the leaf just pops! :)

Carol said...

I wish I could hold this card in my hand because I love all the texture on it...especially the die cut in the background and on the leaf! I really like your sentiment die, too. I need to beef up my word dies!!!
Nice card!

ElizStewart said...

Sue... love all these elements together...sprayed background, watercolored leaf (one of my favorites), and the burlap which was a perfect final touch!

Nancy said...

Great use of the colors, Sue. I love all things green and this sage color is one I think I need to have now. LOL. Great card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that textured looking leaf it is very cool!

Lisa Elton said...

Your single orange leaf speaks volumes on your pretty card, Sue! I like the texture from the burlap die cut too!

Bobby said...

This has to be one of my favorite cards of yours, Sue. I love the bold orange leaf and the texture the burlap added. THe sprays gave a grungy look to the background which makes the leaf stand out.

cm said...

I was 'this close' to using this leaf image, but switched to Halloween. Your showcase is beautiful; the leaf shines! And how pretty the burlap background!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

This is awesome Sue. Love how it all came together so beautifully.