Friday, April 21, 2023

Gilded Birthday

 When I saw this technique for dry embossed gilding flakes at Group of Seven Cardmakers I knew I had to give it a try!  


This is also a fit for the challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz - #320 Embossing Wet or Dry, which I did both.





Followed the tutorial using a double-sided adhesive sheet on white cardstock and pressing Warm Sunrise gilding flake from Cosmic Shimmer onto the panel and rubbing it in with my fingers.  Used a Cuttlebug numbers embossing folder and then rubbed black Archival ink over the raised numbers.  To get rid of the stickiness, sprinkled clear embossing powder on and then hit it with my heat gun.  Stamped the sentiment (which I now wish I would have heat embossed) onto some copper cardstock, die cut with a Spellbinders label and layered onto a black die cut label that had the dots stamped with Golden Glitz ink and onto a strip of copper.
Sentiment is from Birthday Laugh Lines by Art Impressions.

So glad I found this blog and can't wait for more inspiration from those lovely ladies!


Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty mix of colors in your gilding flakes Sue! I love that numbers embossing folder - perfect for a birthday and it looks great highlighted with the black ink over the gilding flakes. Pretty layered framing for your sentiment too! So glad you tried the technique and shared it with us at GO7! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous background, Sue! This turned out great!

Bonnie said...

I like that this card lets you choose your age! LOL! You did this technique beautifully, Sue! Thanks for sharing your results.

dj said...

I love this numbered embossing folder!! And that sentiment...how fun!! Thanks for playing along with our "embossing" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked the masculine element with your color combination.
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G320

Sue Jackson said...

Great card, Sue! I like that the sentiment isn't heat embossed because it stands out from the background, which is also fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery for the next challenge, which I am hosting.

Loll said...

Beautiful gilding flakes card Sue! So happy you tried the technique and shared your amazing card with us at Group of Seven Cardmakers! Loll xx