Saturday, May 20, 2023

Just Us Girls #680 - Photo/Moodboard

 It's Photo/Mood board Week at Just Us Girls and Bobby is our lovely hostess and has chosen fabulous Mood board for our inspiration!


Hop on over to JUGS to see what our talented Guest Designer, Claire Apostoloff and the rest of the amazing Design Team have created with this Mood Board as inspiration.

I was inspired by the nautical feel of the painting in the photo.  First I blended some teal and blue inks on a piece of white cardstock, covered with a double sided adhesive sheet, adhered the wavy cover plate die then sprinkled glitter over the entire panel.  Added the lighthouse circular die cut coloring parts of the lighthouse.  I noticed a little smudge on the upper left part of the circle that I couldn't get off, so I added the little banner and colored the flags in the same colors as the background.

Come share your creations with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would then make you eligible at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


7 comments:

Carol said...

This is a fabulous nautical card Sue! And your technique of using the double sided adhesive sheet is fabulous for not only adding adhesive to the intricate die but also for the glitter step! Great card!!!!

ElizStewart said...

Sue...such a great way to incorporate the topography!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the effect of the "sea" - turned out good :)

Bobby said...

I loved your card even before you said it was glitter, Sue. That makes it even more special. I saw that technique from Jennifer McGuire and tried it myself. Glitter everywhere but I love the results.

cm said...

You aced 'nautical' with your lighthouse and ocean scene. The sparkle is a lovely touch!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Fabulous colourful blingy creation Sue.

Claire said...

I like the way you've been inspired Sue - I don't think I even noticed the nautical theme in the pic! Love the glittery background..the perfect backdrop for your lighthouse!