Saturday, August 12, 2023

Just Us Girls #692 - Word Week

 Our Lovely Lisa is our hostess this week at Just Us Girls for our Word Week Challenge and she has chosen the Word Bee to inspire us.


Hop on over to JUGS to see all of the Bee creations by our amazing Guest Designer, Greta Hess and the rest of the talented Design Team.
I went with a mini slimline using an unbranded honeycomb die that I inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.   Stamped, die cut and colored the little bee from Concord & 9th Be Mine stamp set and added Stickles to the wings.  Stamped the sentiment and die cut with a fishtail die and put it all together on a SU Barely Banana card base.

Come play along with us and you could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week, which would make you eligible for a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.


9 comments:

Carol said...

Sweet, serene card with your simple design and cute bee. (I fear them in real life and appreciate the cute kind.) I also really like your honeycomb die...it set the whole theme in motion!!

Bobby said...

Your fat little bee is darling, Sue. I love the partial honeycomb. It worked well for a slimline card.

Nancy said...

Awesome mini slimline, Sue! The honeycomb die would be great to have in my stash!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is that bee! Wonderful card, Sue!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your bee made me smile 🐝

Greta said...


Perfect use of the honeycomb die & love the cute bee!

cm said...

I totally love your chubby little bee! Super cute card!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

That 'bee' is so happy just because there is a lovely hive that is sure to be full of honey.

Lisa Kind said...

That chunky bee is just so cute! Great honeycomb die too! Pretty card.